Lucidpress offers SAML and SCIM integrations to Business accounts so that admins can easily manage the users on their Lucidpress teams using their IDPs.
Lucidpress’ SAML integration allows you to connect Lucidpress to your IDP so that users on your account can quickly and securely authenticate through your IDP using SAML SSO. You can also configure your team's settings so that users are automatically created in Lucidpress when they sign in for the first time after they are assigned the Lucidpress app in your IDP. Follow these [general] steps to configure SAML to your Business account. Note that you will need admin privileges in both Lucidpress and your IDP to set up the SAML integration. For specific documentation on SAML, please see this article.
- Add the Lucidpress app to your IDP and download the corresponding (federation) metadata.
- In Lucidpress, click Team > App Integration > SAML.
- Enter your Lucidpress account domain. The SAML integration will use your domain to generate a Lucidpress sign-in URL that you will supply to your IDP. A user may go directly to this URL to initiate SAML SSO. Make sure to just enter the domain, not the full URL. This must match the value that was specified in your IDP.
- Enter your Lucidpress account domain in the ‘Domain’ field under the ‘Lucidpress Sign in URL’ section. Be sure to enter the domain only, not a full URL. The SAML integration will use your domain to generate a Lucidpress sign-in URL that you will supply to your identity provider. For example, if you were to enter 'acme.com' as your domain, the URL will be https://app.lucidpress/saml/sso/acme.com. A user may go directly to this URL to initiate SAML single sign-on.
- Upload the metadata .xml file generated from your IdP to Lucidpress.
Lucidpress SAML integration is now complete. Your Lucidpress account will support SAML single sign-on authentication through your identity provider.
Downloading Lucidpress Service Provider Metadata:
- In Lucidpress, click Admin > App Integration > SAML.
- Enter what you intended to use as your IDP entity ID in the domain text box. The SAML integration will use your domain to generate a Lucidpress sign-in URL that you will supply to your IDP. A user may go directly to this URL to initiate SAML SSO. Make sure to just enter the domain, not the full URL.
- Download the metadata in the bottom right-hand corner. (If your application uses OID naming conventions please click the OID checkbox before generating the metadata)
Setting Up a Lucidpress SAML 2.0 connection in your IDP:
|SP identifier/entityID/audience restriction:||lucidpress.com|
|ACS/Reply URL primary Index = 0:||https://lucidpress.com/saml/sso/<yourdomain>|
|ACS/Reply URL secondary Index =1: (this is only needed for accounts that use federated SAML metadata)||https://www.lucidpress.com/saml/sso/<yourdomain>|
|SSO Service Binding:||We default to POST, but can work with REDIRECT (please contact us if you are using REDIRECT)|
|nameID:||We prefer working with email, but can work with other values|
|Accepted naming convention||OID naming convention|
Adding IDP metadata to Lucidpress and testing your SAML connection:
- Upload your metadata to Lucidpress at the SAML configuration in the Lucidpress admin panel (we only accept XML files, so you may need to convert your text to an XML file)
- Once the metadata is uploaded you can use the Test SAML Connection button below the populated metadata to run a simulated SP sign-on.
SAML Standards and pre-built IDP apps
We support the SAML 2.0 standard and offer Product Support for that standard. Additionally, we have several pre-built IDP apps that we have partnered with those IDP to offer. We directly support the functionality of these apps.
Lucidpress’ SCIM integration allows you to sync user information between Lucidpress and your IDP, allowing you to make changes to users in your Lucidpress account directly in your IDP. For specific documentation on SCIM, please see this article.
Here are some of the things that the SCIM integration allows you to do:
- Create users in your Lucidpress account without them having to log in
- Update user attributes
- Provision and de-provision users
- Deactivate users, meaning they will no longer have a license, be able to log in, or have access to any documents
- Define licenses for users
Before you can configure SCIM with your Lucidpress account, please ensure the following:
- You are on a Business subscription with an up-to-date pricing plan
- Your account has auto-upgrades enabled. See the Licensing Setting article for instructions on how to adjust this setting
Follow these steps to configure SCIM for your Lucidpress account:
- Add the Lucidpress SCIM app to your IDP
- In Lucidpress, navigate to Team > App Integration > SCIM
- Click “generate token.” Doing so will generate a unique token to be shared between Lucidpress and your IDP. This bearer token will be used to authenticate requests. Copy this bearer token to your clipboard.
- Configure your IDP to use SCIM with the bearer token and base URL provided by Lucidpress.
Ready to get started? Choose your SAML/SCIM provider below for more instructions.